Integrity Veterinary Center is a new specialty and urgent care hospital located in Northampton, MA, and we are looking for a lead receptionist/service coordinator to join us! We currently offer oncology, internal medicine, outpatient ultrasounds, and urgent care services. We are committed to practicing the highest standard of medicine, with the aim of helping each patient live comfortably and happily for as long as possible.
High case volumes and widespread staffing shortages are leading to burnout across the field of veterinary medicine. Given this, our aim is to build a healthy and sustainable working environment for our whole team. More specifically, we prioritize work-life balance (benefits include 3 weeks of vacation), fair wages, kindness and respect (zero tolerance for abusive behavior from clients), and honest/open communication practices.
As the lead receptionist/service coordinator, you are the first point of contact for our clients and serve as the gatekeeper between clients and the hospital staff. You will also train other receptionists, and provide feedback and recommendations to the practice manager to improve the quality of our processes and procedures.
- Greeting clients upon arrival at the hospital.
- General client communications including answering phone calls, monitoring email and voicemail, and scheduling appointments.
- Knowledge of hospital services.
- Direct client communications to the appropriate department, take a complete message in the event the nurses are unable to receive the call.
- Review pre-appointment information with clients when scheduling appointments.
- Request patient medical records from other facilities, and review received records for completeness.
- Fax prescriptions, and notify clients that the prescriptions have been sent.
- Monitoring the schedule to ensure appointments are appropriately scheduled.
- Maintain a cancellation list for Oncology and Internal Medicine.
- Confirm appointments that have not been confirmed 24 hours beforehand.
- Sort incoming faxes by department, and deliver to the appropriate department.
- Process client payments.
- Be knowledgeable of the payment methods we accept, and how to apply for services such as Care Credit or Vet Direct Billing.
- Training newly hired reception/service coordinators.
- Meet with the practice manager on a bi-weekly basis to discuss any staffing or procedural concerns.
- Complete employee reviews.
- Develop any training or procedural documents in conjunction with practice management.
- Positive attitude, and service oriented.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with computers and medical scheduling software is necessary, experience with Instinct is preferred.
- General computer skills, ability to navigate most software programs, including email.
- Desire to learn and grow in knowledge of veterinary oncology and internal medicine.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the veterinary field, ideally in a specialty hospital setting.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Candidates should have the ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Candidates must be fully vaccinated for COVID or have a documented medical exemption.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com to apply!